Tuesday, November 15, 2011
1 Week To Go!
Just 1 week and 2 days to go...
I can't believe it has almost been a whole week since I last posted. I find it ironic that I now have so much to write about but no time to do it.
I have been a very busy bee. So busy that I'm afraid my parenting has taken a real slide. It's completely related to the stress of having to do so much in a small amount of time with little help.
In a 36 hour period we had 2 open homes to rent our house out, the Pianoman finished up at work, we had a farewell night at the local pub followed by an all-day garage sale and then just for fun we added some dentist appointments and a sporting competition into the mix.
Here is a list of my not-so-great parenting moments of the last couple of days.
* The kids have had breakfast for dinner because we are dwindling down our pantry or we forgot/ran out of time to buy the groceries.
* We had pancakes yesterday morning because we thought it was weekend. Seriously! The weekend was so hectic that we 'lost' a day somewhere and it wasn't until Miss Fancy came out in her school uniform that we realised it was Monday.
* I sent Miss Fancy off to her all day dance comp without food. I just forgot.
* When one of the Christmas parties got cancelled, my response was "fantastic news!". The look on Miss Fancy's face will ensure the guilt will last a while.
* The kids may have watched a year's worth of cartoons in a few days while we decluttered, cleaned, organised, tidied, started packing etc.
* When the kids excitedly announced that their beloved silk worms had spun themselves into cocoons I muttered something along the lines of, "Oh no!!". You see, I told the kids their silk worms couldn't come for the 3 month journey because we wouldn't be able to source mulberry leaves and we wouldn't want them to perish. Now that they don't need to be fed they will be able to come. Just go with it!
* And finally, when the dentist suggests we come back another time to get some work done on Blue Eyes' teeth so as not to traumatise him on his first visit, I suggest that he will be fine and can he just have it done now. Eyebrows were raised. Seriously, what's with all this namby pamby business? Here are a few photos just to prove how fine he was. Sunglasses to prevent glare from the light (photo taken after the work, still smiling!) and Banana's in Pyjamas on the ceiling for his viewing pleasure. Traumatised? Please!
On a positive note, we have managed to secure tenants for the house who move in straight after we leave next week.
The garage sale and ebay purge proved to be a great success (despite the stress involved) and pretty much covered the cost of the caravan.
Yesterday was spent in the city doing a chore which ended up taking all day (thanks Telstra!). However, it meant I was forced to slow down for a few hours and smell the roses with the boys while we waited. We had a ball at the new kids park at Darling Harbour (anyone else been to this beauty?), spent a great deal of time at the spiral water feature and spent an hour marvelling at the thousands of jellyfish congregating at the edge of the water. Even I was mesmerised by these little creatures.
This final week you will find me up to my eyeballs in cardboard boxes. Oh the joys of packing!