Tuesday, January 8, 2013

52 Weeks of Happy 1/52


I've been wanting to join in one of these 52 Week projects that are doing the rounds in Blogland for some time now but because I am slightly obsessional about things I really needed the weeks to correspond exactly with the weeks of the calendar year. For some reason I couldn't get my head around starting a yearly project, say, on 23 September. So I've been waiting for 1 January to roll around to begin something and here we are. But what? There are so many interesting and wonderful ones around. Some I already loosely participate in - there's My Creative Space on Thursdays which I'm hoping to be a bit better at this year. Others are just not my thing. At the end of the day I really wanted something fun, easy to stick to, inspiring but not too serious. To that end, I have joined Little Birdie's "52 Weeks of Happy" project. The idea is to focus on just four little things that have made you happy during the previous week. Lovely!

So to kick things off for 2013, here are my 4 happy things:

1. This great new Book - full of lots of simple but inspiring projects I hope to do during the holidays with the Kids, some which I'll post about.
2. Watching my Husband (who never stops) relaxing and snuggling baby Flynn on the sofa (together with the Whippet) is a sight to behold.
3. We enjoyed a lovely catch-up with some dear old family friends  - one family who were visiting Tasmania for a holiday and the other family who have moved back to the State to take over historic Redlands Estate. It's been over 2 years since we've all been together but felt like only 1 week had gone by as we caught up on old times and ate home made pizzas in what used to be the old Bakery.
4. Seeing my first ever knitted garment, the Pebble Vest being worn by Flynn. At the rate he's going, he will outgrow it by the end of the week!

I hope your week is going well so far. To those of you in Bushfire zones around Australia, please stay safe.

12 comments :

  1. oh i agree - there are way to many lovely little linky projects to join in blogland...i love this idea of 52 weeks of happy! certainly will help to reflect on what goodness comes out of each week! love your first set of four...just delightful...the family, the fire, the gathering and your knitted item being worn by your baby! have a blissful week Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you are joining in on Jen's 52 weeks - I love it as you can include anything and it makes me focus on the positives.
    That photo of your husband and baby is really lovely. And well done on the knitted vest, it looks fantastic.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for a project. The knit vest is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! And I am in awe of that vest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea! I might jump in with this project. It would be a good way to show some of my instagram photos on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely idea. I shall look forward to seeing yours. That looks like a fun book. I need to do more crafty things with my brood. Love the one of your hubby with Remy and Flynn. And as for tat handsome chap in his vest. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Typical whippet ... moving in on every opportunity for a cuddle!

    Lovely happy things Mel, as was your email, which I will reply to properly as soon as I can find a few moments. It is crazy here with all the prep for my new studio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the look of that book.
    Cute photos.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the Pebble. Flynn's is gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mel, beautiful, heart-warming photos. The black and white of hubby and bubby and whippet is a keeper, so lovely. And that itty bitty knitted vest is just gorgeous, clever you Mama xoxo

    ReplyDelete