Aside from Cecil the Indian Runner Duck, here are 8 other things that have made me smile lately:
1. Lovely mail from Canada in the form of a beautiful novel I purchased for Eleanor. It is written by fellow blogging buddy Kristie. Kristie has 5 Children, loves to Knit and Travel and lives in British Columbia, Canada, one of my most favourite places in the world. This is her first book. When I found out it featured a young Chinese girl who left her home country to live in Canada I knew Eleanor would love it. My Kids are fascinated with their Chinese heritage (my Husband is 1/16th Chinese) and I'm also talking a lot about Canada so I loved that the book connected both these countries as well as being a story about loss and belonging. Well, she has finished reading it Kristie, absolutely loved it, and wants to know when your 2nd book is coming out!!!
2. We have received the gift of 12 new baby chicks. This is the second time one of our Silver Spangled Hamburgs has snuck off to sit on a clutch of eggs and surprised us with some babies. They are all hiding under her feathers there.
Look! They are the sweetest things ever.
3. A lovely visit with a dear family friend on the weekend and some lemons from the tree and homemade raspberry jam to take home.
4. I love making things for my friends and this gorgeous yarn is destined to become a cowl. I'm thinking this pattern would be nice.
5. When my Grandmother passed away I was given a bag of all of her beautiful scarves. It's only in the last couple of months, 2 and a half years later, that I have been able to wear any of them them without it causing too much sadness. This silk one is my current favourite and I love how happy it makes me feel wearing her scarves now.
6. My other Grandma lives in Texas. Did you know I was half American? She often sends random things across to us, mostly things featuring the map of Texas. She lives on the very bottom tip of the Gulf Peninsula on the border to Mexico. We have Texas fridge magnets, placemats, Longhorn Cattle Posters and the other day we received this Puzzle of the whole USA (minus Alaska and Hawaii). I don't think it was made in the USA though , unless "Utha" and "Nahville" are the new names for Utah and Nashville :-)
7. I received this absolutely beautiful wooden share platter from a giveaway I won over on Life in the Country. It's from Cranmore Home, an online boutique, which has the most gorgeous range of homewares I have seen in a long time. Take a look if you like to indulge in online shopping, especially if you are after Australian Designed items. Thank you very much A Farmer's Wife :-)
8. A gift from Daniel on Valentines Day. We went the whole day without even a mention of Valentines Day. However, at 5.30 that night we met in the carpark to swap cars so he could take the other kids home while I waited in the car for Eleanor to finish dancing. I hopped in his car and looked out the front windscreen and saw a bright pink bouquet of pink chocolate hearts sitting on the end of the park bench. He's good like that.
I hope you are all having a good start to the week.
I'm going to pull my finger out and start putting some organisation into the chaos around here. Nothing too major, just little things that have been annoying me everyday for the whole 2 years we have been back. Organisation is not my forte but I will give it go.
Welcome to any new readers. It's lovely to have you here. Please don't be too shy to say 'hello' as then I can come and visit you too.
Have a great week!